Lucy-Anne

Friday 27 December 2013

JEWELS



I admit to being a magpie, any shiny jewels and I am drawn to them straight away. I adore my fingers being bejewelled and feel sad when I have naked fingers. I do not adhere to the adage 'less is more', for me, it's always more. You may have seen my post about my obsession with Delilah Dust and their beautiful neck ornaments? So now I thought I would create a blog post about my large collection of rings.

My mother bought me the above tin for Christmas & I think it's perfect for storing them all in, here is a few of my personal favourites. 



Left to right:

A vintage thimble turned into a ring with an opal (I think) bought from a Vintage shop in Haworth.
A silver ring with a black stone, bought for my birthday from a great friend.
A gold and blue glass ring from the 1950s, bought from Salts Mill.
A silver and marble ring bought from Camden Market the day I moved my sister down to her new home.


Left to right:
An emerald and diamond ring that belongs to my mother.
A Claddagh ring bought from Aflecks Palace in Manchester on a day out with a good friend.
My mother's engagement ring, ruby & diamonds.
A Hayeon Lee ring bought from Harvey Nichols, it has a chain on the back to hold it like 3 mini rings. It used to be rose gold, turned gold & now I think it's going silver. Not cool when it cost £150, but I still love it.
The final ring won't fit on my finger, it's a silver ring from my mother that I received for passing my GCSEs many moons ago.



Left to right:

A man's ring from the 1970s with black Onyx stone.
A turquoise ring, my birth stone, also from Salts Mill in Saltaire.
Another Camden Market, a tigers eye ring. Tigers are cats & I'm a cat lady.
And finally, all I wanted when my Gran passed away was a ring of hers, I didn't get one. So my Mum bought me this from Aladdin's Cave in Leeds to symbolise my Grans life. It's a moon stone with a hint of purple, gold setting & silver ring.

Any other fellow magpies out there?







1 comment:

  1. FUUUDGEE--INGG HECK YOUR RING COLLECTION IS SICK!! Ahhh I love rings, I think I'm a slight ring hoarder not gonna lie, I blame my mum, I got it from her. That moon stone ring your mum got you is beautiful, and the sentiment is too <3
    xxxxxxxxxxx

    http://segenswunsche.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete