Lucy-Anne

Sunday 19 January 2014

ESSENTIALS



There are many items that I swap & change constantly, they become my 'essentials' for a short period of time. The above items are things that are my essentials, I re-buy them religiously and haven't found any better substitutes.

Firstly, my Clarasonic. I am wholly obsessed with this little gadget. Being in my late 20s I shouldn't still be suffering bad skin, but I am. I feel if I'd have had this issue in my teens I would have been able to deal with it, but in my 20s, it's not great. This gadget cleans my skin 6 times better than a manual cleanse would & makes my skin glow. I know many people talk about their skin glowing & it's something I didn't really 'get' until I bought this beauty. The price is expensive so it is something you need to consider before committing but it is very worth the price. I bought mine from Harvey Nichols and it was about £100, mine is the Mia model.

Another of my essentials is my Eve Lom cleanser, it perfectly combines with my Clarasonic to clean my face & I use it alone also. It's an oil based cleanser which helps draw out impurities in the skin, when I don't use my Clarasonic I use the muslin cloth that comes with the cleanser. This doesn't create that dry pulling feeling that makes me cringe with other cleansers. Again, this is pricey at £55 for 100ml but you only need a pea side amount to wash your hole face & it's gentle enough to rub on your eyes and gets rid of even the most stubborn waterproof eyeliner. Available at Space.nk.

Next up is my super serum obsession, Caudalie Vinosource. This is great for parched dehydrated skin that needs some TLC. I use it under a multitude of moisturisers to deal with whatever I have decided is my problem that month. It eliminates any dry skin I have and naked ny skin touchable smooth. I have recommended this item to so many people and they all thank me. I go through a bottle of this every 3 months or so as I do slap it on. It's £29 for 30ml, again from Space.nk.

Next up is my Algenist Complete Eye Renewal Balm, this balm de puffs my eyes in a morning, deals with fine lines and moisturises my eyes when they're feeling dry & crepey. It used Alguronic Acid derived from Algae which is even more moisturising than Hyaluronic Acid. I haven't found one I prefer an think this one is perfectly suitable for my age group. It's £49 for 15ml from Space.nk.

Last, but not least, Lemony Flutter Cuticle Butter from Lush. It smells like a dream, pure lemon delight, which entices you to bash more on your hands, however. With this butter less really is more and it goes a long way. As someone who religiously gets their nails manicured they can often dry out & flake, this butter stops that completely. I use this nightly and rub it into my nails and on any dry areas that are bothering me (currently my heels, getting them ready for summer sandals). This is a bargain at £6.50 from Lush.

This brings to an end my essentials post. Have you tried any of these items or know of any great alternatives I should try? 




2 comments:

  1. great cosmetics:)
    please visit me in free time:)
    http://mesmerize87.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great picks, really want the Clarisonic x
    http://whattaylorbuys.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete