Lucy-Anne

Sunday 6 October 2013

THE PERFECT DRESS



Having spent 4 & 1/2 years of my life slaving away for Topshop/Topman I was there for the initial launch of Kate Moss' line. Yep, that means first dibbs for me & I wholly believe I deserved it.

One of my favourite pieces was the white,  one shoulder dress with pleats. It's the perfect dress for any social situation, the one dress I could bring out whenever & wherever & it would be completely suitable. A dream of a dress. A few years ago I decided to retire the dress for a while due to over exposure (that dress, again, really?) but I missed it. Hence my solution, source the dress in the black! Genius, or so I thought at the time, but it turned into a nightmare. If I'd spent the same amount of effort at school as I did tracking down the above dress, I'd probably be a neuroscientist by now. Well, I eventually found the dress in a size 14 on eBay & set about getting it altered, the above is the result & I'm very happy.

Above, I am pictured before attending the Christening of a good friends daughter. Church appropriate?



No comments:

Post a Comment